Plan a Girls' Getaway in Downtown Fernandina Beach
Make memories with your closest girlfriends on Amelia Island.
Grab your closest girlfriends for a get-together in a picturesque place where you can reconnect. You do so much for your family and in your career -- now it's time to relax and indulge in a special weeekend of reliving memories and making new ones, all in downtown Fernandina Beach, Florida. Get the benefits of proximity to Amelia Island's beaches while walking to courtyard dinners, drinks and historic spots in the charming downtown district.
The historic B&Bs of downtown Fernandina Beach beckon with packages specially crafted for laid-back weekends with the ladies.
- The stately Fairbanks House offers a Girls Just Wanna Have Fun package: lodging in luxury downtown accommodations, a daily gourmet breakfast, a daily social hour with complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres, complimentary use of bikes for cruising to the beach, an in-ground pool with lounge chairs for sunning, robes in which to lounge about, and concierge service for dinner reservations, spa appointments, and more. Pair it with exquisite nearby dining experiences at Burlingame or Espana (a top spot for tapas).
- When you're bringing together a larger circle of women, the Hoyt House can accommodate up to 20 with their own girls' package. Imagine starting with a glass of champagne at the bar with a heavy hors d'oevres evening cocktail reception before hitting one of the dozens of restaurants within walking distance. Enjoy an afternoon on the water with the girls on a complimentary Amelia Island River Cruise, where you will see historic sites and possibly spot dolphins and wild horses.
- Choose the mood to fit your group of gals at the Blue Heron Inn, where you can enjoy getaway packages built for adventure (two hours of sailing, a Fort Clinch State Park tour, and a picnic lunch with your choice of wine) or pampering (think spa services, carriage rides and champagne). Or opt for a totally relaxed weekend of exploring and shopping downtown.
- Eager to escape and spend some girl time? The Addison on Amelia offers specials for last-minute getaways. You can also escape city life and say hello to a natural paradise with their Outdoor Explorer package, complete with private kayak and eco-boating tours.
- Calling all Desperate Divas: The Amelia Island Williams House says, "No husbands, no children, no problem”. The Girlfriends Getaway Package includes fresh baked cookies, an evening social hour with snacks and wine, a horse-drawn carriage ride and a dinner certificate.
While downtown, meander through the Farmer's Market
. Take a tasting tour, mixology tour
, or even a Ghost tour
. Check out our event calendar
for downtown events like Sounds on Centre open-air concerts and Artrageous ArtWalk gallery walks. Best of all, just stroll back to your inn of choice after a night of wine and catching up on old times. No driving needed at the end of the night.
If you'd like to discover the softer side of Amelia Island, indulge in one of two world-class resort spas. The Ritz-Carlton Spa (tm), Amelia Island
, offers the perfect place for a day of relaxation with friends. The wet spa (with steam room, whirlpool, and sauna), the relaxation room, and the private spa pool -- where you can soak in the sun over cocktails and lunch -- offer ample space for kicking up your feet and exchanging tales. Meanwhile, The Spa at Amelia Island Plantation has debuted a relaxing and purifying Quartz Sand Table Massage
, with the bonus of stimulating the metabolism, easing pain, and aiding in the sleep that women so covet and rarely attain...until now.
Amelia Island raises a glass to you, ladies. Friends, mothers, daughters, confidantes. Now is the time to come make memories.