5 Delights of Restaurant Week
A dinner inspired by distillers, the secrets to cooking like a Parisian, and a toast of small-batch bourbon spotlighted in a new and uniquely sophisticated bar are a few of the exclusive delights waiting for you as part of this year's Restaurant Week.
A dinner inspired by distillers, the secrets to cooking like a Parisian, and a toast of small-batch bourbon spotlighted in a new and uniquely sophisticated bar are a few of the exclusive delights waiting for you as part of this year's Restaurant Week. (Don't wait too long if you want to experience these events during the week - last year's were sellouts.) This 10-day culinary showcase features 29 Amelia Island restaurants serving both pre-fixe lunch ($12 pp) and dinner ($21pp or $31pp) menus that highlight the best of the Island’s dining scene - along with these special events, sure to please the palate.
1) The curtain rises on Amelia Island Restaurant Week at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, hosting the Distillers Dinner on Thursday, January 19th at the Sunrise Café. Executive Chef Daven Wardynski and his culinary team present a four-course dinner focused on Vodka, Gin, Whiskey and Rum, each mindfully paired with a cocktail. Set at the Sunrise Café, the dinner is a playful reflection of clear, blonde and brown spirits. (Tickets are $100 per person, available online or at 904.432.1467, and space is limited.)
2) Throughout restaurant week, the Amelia Island Culinary Academy is offering a variety of classes for visitors to learn to master their own culinary skills. From a Parisian Café demonstration or a hands-on pasta making class to the Farmer’s Market Tour where you learn to shop like a chef, Chef Bill makes the kitchen less intimidating. Even the kids can learn during a children’s pasta camp while the parents enjoy dining out during Restaurant Week. For details visit AmeliaCooking.com or call 904-515-6863 to register.
3) For those in the mood for wine, Bob's Steak and Chop House is hosting a Copper Cane Wine Dinner on Wednesday, January 25th. Executive Chef Ryan Westbrook and Sous Chef Nathan Barta will prepare a four-course dinner, which is perfectly paired by Copper Cane Wines & Provisions’ Joseph Wagner. Tickets are $99 and can be reserved by calling 904-432-2201.
4) Explore downtown and its bars with the Mixology Tours from Amelia Island Downtown Tasting Tours. On this two-hour tour, you’ll meet some of the island’s best bartenders while taking in the unique character of our local bars. At each of four stops, guests will learn the bar’s history and enjoy a tasting of a specially prepared cocktail. Tours are $45 and are available January 19-21 and 26-28.
5) Closing Amelia Island’s Restaurant Week in spirited style, join The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island for the inaugural A Bourbon Affair on Saturday, January 28th. Celebrating “America’s native spirit,” the event is based around bourbon, which is also the cornerstone of many of the craft cocktails on the menu of the newly unveiled Lobby Bar. Be one of the first to experience the new bar while sampling small-batch and house-infused bourbons, whiskeys and craft-cocktails. Mingle as you enjoy small plates from the fresh sushi and sashimi menu as well as lavish hors d'oeuvres and select wines. Guests will be joined by visiting Mixologist Bob Peters and The Ritz-Carlton’s Head Mixologist Johnny Love and entertained by an on-site cigar roller and glassblowing demonstrations. Whether you’re enticed by the bourbon, swooned by the sushi or swept away by the company, one thing is for sure – this will be an affair to remember. Tickets are $125 per person, seating is limited, so advance reservations are required. For reservations, please call 904.277.1087.
Got an appetite?
Amelia Island Restaurant Week Menus and Events
Stay on Amelia Island
Explore Amelia Island